Tuesday 17 June 2014

IBL Rayswitch


I think it is very important to understand sRGB and Gamma Correction tool without which the texture looks washed out with Indirect Lighting. Also, understanding decay as that makes light look realistic.

I tried setting up IBL on the environment for our film TOB. The texture is not complete yet but I needed some texture to test how they might look in the light. The current environment has way too many polygons. So, I used a minimalist environment to see if I want to use IBL for our film.

I downloaded an HDRi set from http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html

As soon as I set up an IBL(for indirect lighting) and a directional light(as sun), the texture got washed out. So, I gamma corrected it using the Gamma node in Hypershade.


So, the colour of the texture was restored but there was still a lot of noise. So I moved on to Rayswitch where we split the light in the environment to bring out the reflection from the sharp HDRi and also to light up the environment through the blurred HDRi.


Now,I think the light in the scene looks fine. I need to work on the shadows that look a little sharp at the moment. It looked a bit difficult when I started lighting but I think I get the hang of it now. Lets see how the entire scene looks once it is textured.










No comments:

Post a Comment